Monday, July 18, 2011

The Purpose of "I Read This"

Since caving in and buying a Kindle, I've been reading more than I have in years.  This may have something to do with my need to justify the expense-- to myself.  ("See?  I'm using this thing so much.  Clearly, plunking down $100 for it was a sound decision.")  However, it also has a lot to do with the Kindle itself (which I love) and just getting back into the habit of reading something other than a few very favorite comfort books. 

To keep tabs on what I'm reading and my reactions to those titles, I decided it was time to start (yet) another blog.  I don't plan to write deeply thoughtful, "professional"-style book reviews-- just some simple opinions.  I'll try to avoid (or clearly label) any spoilers, on the off chance that someone other than myself happens upon this blog.