Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Ravenscroft

Ravenscroft
by Dorothy Eden

My Reaction:
This is a DNF (Did Not Finish).  I couldn't get into it.  From the very beginning it felt "off", so I looked it up online and saw that though it has a decent rating overall, there are plenty of readers who dislike it.  Despite those bad reviews and my own misgivings, I determined to give it a second chance, but as soon as Guy was introduced, my patience came to an end.  Somehow I'd missed reading the blurb, so I didn't realize this was going to be a "husband obsessed with his dead wife struggles with his attraction to a new woman" plot.  No, I don't like that angle in a romance.  It has about as much appeal as the "baby romance" genre.  Not for me.  Moving on!

Oh, and I've seen one or two claims that this is the author's best work... Yeesh... Remind me to save myself some time by scratching her off my "to read" list!